The 5432DZM Digital Zone Manager provides processing and management of up to 32 paging zones assigned from an IED 5400 Announcement Control System. It provides line level audio outputs to a paired four (4) channel amplifier unit. Digital Signal Processing (DSP) is provided on each of the four (4) output channels. This includes: gain control for the paging input, page routing, automatic ducking of background music, equalization (high and low pass filters, up to 7 parametric bands per amplifier channel, and up to 40 milliseconds of delay). The paired amplifier outputs comes back into the 5432DZM and then is distributed to up to eight (8) speaker line outputs per amplifier channel. Each of the 32 speaker lines is supervised.
The 5432DZM provides automatic backup amplifier switching by switching groups of eight (8) speaker loads from the primary power amplifier to a backup when a failure is detected. It also contains integrated supervision that monitors each signal path and reports any failures to the 5400ACS.
The mainframe requires two (2) rack units (3.5") of vertical space in a 19" equipment rack/cabinet. All cooling is front to back.
- 4 Input X 32 Output Zone Manager for 4 banks of 8 Speaker Outputs.
- Allows utilization of up to 500 watts per channel amplifiers to drive groups of 8 zones via relay switching.
- 4 Audio inputs via Dante™ audio networking (high quality over Ethernet).
- Redundant Ethernet ports.
- Provides automatic backup amplifier switching.
- Fully supervises amplifier and speaker lines.
- DSP processing for 4 amplifier channels:
- Low and high pass filters.
- 7-Band parametric EQ filters.
- Up to 40 milliseconds of delay.
Front Panel Features
- Frame Status Indicators:
- Fault (yellow)
- Ground Fault (yellow)
- Power (green)
- Power Save Mode (yellow)
- Announce / Alarm (green / red)
- Lamp Test Button.
- Indicators for each Amp Channel:
- Amp Status: Power (green), Fault (yellow) or Alarm Active (red).
- Backup Amp Engaged (green square).
- Speaker Line Fault (8 yellow triangles).
- Speaker Line Active (8 green speaker icons).
- Low-power processor for high reliability and long life with minimal cooling requirements.
- Powered from 12-24 VDC power input, such as an EN54-4 power supply.
- Requires 2 rack units of 19" rack space.